Who is the Ecom Crew? Get to know a little bit about each Crew member below.
- David CouillardDesign & User ExperienceDavid CouillardDesign & User Experience
I've built and managed my own e-commerce store named hardcases.ca since 2011, re-selling protective cases from a Canadian manufacturer using drop shipping. I've also designed and developed custom stores for clients in different industries for the past 20 years as a web developer and online marketer. I am also co-founder and brand creator of EarthRated.com, one of the largest manufacturer and distributor of dog waste poop bags in the world.
- Mike JacknessCo-FounderMike JacknessCo-Founder
I’ve been involved in online marketing for over 10 years. During the poker craze of the early 2000s, I ran one of the largest poker affiliate companies in the world with over 60 employees (I even owned part of the Canadian Poker Tour!). After Black Friday (the day congress basically made it illegal for Americans to gamble online) I ventured into ecommerce with Treadmill.com. I sold that company in 2014 and have since then started multiple other ecommerce brands with total revenues over $7million annually. Today I’m based in San Diego but I’ve lived throughout the world including Las Vegas, the Cayman Islands, and out of a Class A motorhome while touring North America.
- Abby PatesStudent & Visitor RetentionAbby PatesStudent & Visitor RetentionI lost faith in the mantra of my parents' generation: work hard, get a house, buy a car, retire at 60. Now, I'm always thinking about smart ways to hustle and attain financial freedom at an early age to do the things I want. I got inspired by the guys of EcomCrew and I'm currently in the planning stages of my own ecommerce business.
I'm based in the beautiful tropical island of Cebu, Philippines. In my past life I worked as a freelance tech and business writer, and was a top customer service representative at a big ecommerce company.
- Dave BryantCo-FounderDave BryantCo-Founder
I’m based in Vancouver, Canada but for nearly half of my life I’ve been involved with business in China. I formally ran the website ChineseImporting.com before it merged with EcomCrew in late 2017. In 2008 I started my company importing from China while finishing up my business degree at Simon Fraser University. By 2016 my company was doing approximately $2million in revenue before I sold it for just under $1million. I have another small startup in the oven as of 2017 focused, of course, on importing products from China. Oh yeah, I’m also a former Amazon employee of 4 days.
- Maria AbrilSocial MediaMaria AbrilSocial Media