Who is the Ecom Crew? Get to know a little bit about each Crew member below.
- Mike JacknessCo-FounderMike JacknessCo-Founder
I’ve been involved in online marketing for over 10 years.
During the poker craze of the early 2000s, I ran one of the largest poker affiliate companies in the world with over 60 employees (I even owned part of the Canadian Poker Tour!). After Black Friday (the day congress basically made it illegal for Americans to gamble online), I ventured into ecommerce with Treadmill.com.
I sold that company in 2014 and have since then started multiple other ecommerce brands with total revenues over $7million annually. Today, I’m based in San Diego but I’ve lived throughout the world including Las Vegas, the Cayman Islands, and out of a Class A motorhome while touring North America.
- Dave BryantCo-FounderDave BryantCo-Founder
I’m based in Vancouver, Canada but for nearly half of my life I’ve been involved with business in China.
I formally ran the website ChineseImporting.com before it merged with EcomCrew in late 2017.
In 2008, I started my company importing from China while finishing up my business degree at Simon Fraser University. By 2016, my company was doing approximately $2million in revenue before I sold it for just under $1million.
I have another small startup in the oven as of 2017 focused, of course, on importing products from China. Oh yeah, I’m also a former Amazon employee of 4 days.
- Ben IballaHead of Team PhilippinesBen IballaHead of Team Philippines
Three years ago, I didn't know much about ecommerce. I thought that Jeff Bezos was truly admirable for the work he'd put into building Amazon, that Mark Zuckerberg is almost certainly a lizard inside a skinsuit, and that the next President would take back the tariffs opposed on China. Now, only one of those things are true.
As the Production Manager of the team, I'm in charge of the media side of Ecomcrew: the Podcast, the Videos, and the many graphics for our articles.
As a Filipino VA, I carry the special trait of not being able to fluently speak any Filipino as I've spent most of my life in my home country, Brunei Darussalam. I aim to always help others and be part of something bigger than I am, and I'm excited to be part of Ecomcrew and to learn about an industry of which I've had no prior knowledge about.
- Kris Del RosarioVideo Content ProducerKris Del RosarioVideo Content Producer
I have been producing videos for a decade. I've been to a lot of beautiful places and met amazing people because of it. I draw inspiration from movies, books,
video games, and the sea because I am a nerd at heart and a freediver in my spare time. The mix of calmness and chaos fuels my endorphins.
Before EcomCrew, all the projects that I've been involved with revolve around storytelling and making things look and feel good. When I joined the team, I was introduced to the iceberg of eCommerce where all the magic happens.
The only prior knowledge I had with eCommerce was that it's where I can buy anything, anytime, anywhere. Now I see what processes and bureaucracy sellers have to go through to make it to the top.
Working for EcomCrew is like a portal to the multiverse because I get introduced to something new every time.
- Helena MoranoResearch Coordinator, Head of Team CanadaHelena MoranoResearch Coordinator, Head of Team CanadaI’m based in Vancouver but I have spent part of my life in my country, Spain.I have a Master’s Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication. I presume to belong to a very talented pool of political scientists, who always manage to create new paths in the midst of uncertainty. That spirit marks my trajectory.I’m fluent in Spanish, Galician and English (and speak a little Portuguese), and I’m always looking to brush up my language skills over coffee or drinks.I seek to be part of projects with scope, to be accompanied by people from whom to learn every day, to experience new challenges and become a team with. I’m happy to be a part of the EcomCrew team and to be able to learn from the best!
- Christine GerzonChief Editor, Head of WritersChristine GerzonChief Editor, Head of Writers
As an EcomCrew writer, I carry the responsibility of coming up with new content ideas that both interest and benefit e-commerce sellers. Part of the job is keeping up to date with the latest news in the industry and crafting engaging emails.
I have a degree in chemical engineering (which I will probably never use), and I'm currently taking up law to better understand how the world works. Aside from work and school, I also spend a lot of time and energy on my daughters, Luna and Star, who are both Shih Tzu mixed breeds.
When I'm not cramming for graded recitations or writing rough drafts, you can find me enjoying nearby beaches while devouring an unhealthy amount of grilled pork.
- Derick QuinanolaJunior Content WriterDerick QuinanolaJunior Content WriterAs a writer for EcomCrew, I make sure to keep our readers up to date on everything that goes on in the world of ecommerce, whether it's through articles or emails.
As a Civil Engineering graduate, I didn't have a ton of knowledge of what goes on behind the scenes of selling on Amazon. All I knew was that there were good deals to be found, and in the blink of an eye, a package was at your door.
It wasn't until the COVID-19 pandemic that I finally started to go beyond my degree and discover other opportunities to make a living. Since then, I've been writing content for more than 4 years and the good news about writing in ecommerce is that nothing is set and stone. So, if you're on the fence about shifting careers, let me be the first to tell you it's never too late.
- Khymme OhsanGraphic DesignerKhymme OhsanGraphic DesignerAs Ecomcrew’s Multimedia Designer, my work primarily involves using graphics to enhance our online content, making it more user-friendly and visually informative.I hold a bachelor's degree in advertising arts as art has always played a big role in my life. Despite designing in a corporate setting, I still try to make time to create, paint or design in my free time for leisure.Before joining Ecomcrew, I knew very little about e-commerce. Now, I'm fascinated by how it has transformed the way we buy and sell products.