Who is the Ecom Crew? Get to know a little bit about each Crew member below.
- Mike JacknessCo-FounderMike JacknessCo-Founder
I’ve been involved in online marketing for over 10 years. During the poker craze of the early 2000s, I ran one of the largest poker affiliate companies in the world with over 60 employees (I even owned part of the Canadian Poker Tour!). After Black Friday (the day congress basically made it illegal for Americans to gamble online) I ventured into ecommerce with Treadmill.com. I sold that company in 2014 and have since then started multiple other ecommerce brands with total revenues over $7million annually. Today I’m based in San Diego but I’ve lived throughout the world including Las Vegas, the Cayman Islands, and out of a Class A motorhome while touring North America.
- Dave BryantCo-FounderDave BryantCo-Founder
I’m based in Vancouver, Canada but for nearly half of my life I’ve been involved with business in China. I formally ran the website ChineseImporting.com before it merged with EcomCrew in late 2017. In 2008 I started my company importing from China while finishing up my business degree at Simon Fraser University. By 2016 my company was doing approximately $2million in revenue before I sold it for just under $1million. I have another small startup in the oven as of 2017 focused, of course, on importing products from China. Oh yeah, I’m also a former Amazon employee of 4 days.
- Abby PatesHead of Team PhilippinesAbby PatesHead of Team PhilippinesI lost faith in the mantra of my parents' generation: work hard, get a house, buy a car, retire at 60. Now, I'm always thinking about smart ways to hustle and attain financial freedom at an early age to do the things I want. I got inspired by the guys of EcomCrew and I'm currently in the planning stages of my own ecommerce business.
I'm based in the beautiful tropical island of Cebu, Philippines. In my past life I worked as a freelance tech and business writer, and was a top customer service representative at a big ecommerce company.
- Ben ManuelPodcast ProducerBen ManuelPodcast Producer
- Helena MoranoResearch Coordinator, Head of Team CanadaHelena MoranoResearch Coordinator, Head of Team CanadaI’m based in Vancouver but I have spent part of my life in my country, Spain. I have a Master’s Degree in Marketing, Consultancy and Political Communication. I presume to belong to a very talented pool of political scientists, who always manages to create new paths in the midst of uncertainty and that spirit marks my trajectory. I’m fluent in Spanish, Galician and English (and speak a little Portuguese), and I’m always looking to brush up my language skills over coffee or drinks.I seek to be part of projects with scope, to be accompanied by people from whom to learn every day, to experience new challenges and become a team. I’m happy to be part of the EcomCrew team and to be able to learn from the bests!
- Christine GerzonTeam Lead, WritersChristine GerzonTeam Lead, Writers
- Justeen DavidContent Writer and ResearcherJusteen DavidContent Writer and Researcher
- Kris RaymondVideo Content ProducerKris RaymondVideo Content Producer
- Ferdinand AragonGraphics DesignerFerdinand AragonGraphics Designer
- Christian QuiloJunior Content WriterChristian QuiloJunior Content Writer