October 2022 Brand Report – $641,927
Welcome to the October 2022 edition of the Brand Report! Each month, we’ll break down our monthly revenue so you can see what’s working and what’s not.
In our next Secret Sauce webinar, we'll show you our exact Amazon PPC strategies including our Peel, Stick, and Block methodology, what PPC software we're using, what processes we're still doing manually, and more. The exclusive webinar will be available for EcomCrew Premium members which opens up again on November 25. Give us your email and sign up for our early bird waitlist and get a VERY special discount and early access before it sells out.
Our revenue for October 2022 was $641,927 which is about 10% lower than September's revenue of $714,775 and nearly our lowest month of the year (just slightly higher than our January and February revenue).
What We Worked on This Month
- Montreal Photo Shoot. I flew out to Montreal for a few days to work with a photographer on some photography/videography and a bit of an overall brand refresh for our Offroading brand. We spent a solid two days planning and an additional two days recording (which is a lot when you have kids involved in some of the photography). The ultimate end result will be two 60-second videos.
- Updating Shopify Theme. Along with the brand update, we've started the process of updating our Shopify themes to a new one compatible with Shopify 2.0 (we're using the Impulse theme for those who are wondering).
Two Wins This Month
- Great new graphics design with influencers. Our team has been spending quite a bit of time getting a ton of user-generated content for our baby brand. The timing is great as we head into the thick of the holidays because November and December make up a significant chunk of this brand's revenue.
- Content Updates Using AI. We've been experimenting with AI to update a bunch of our content en masse for some of our authority websites. So far, the results have been very positive, with us seeing a 30% to 50% upswing in traffic over the last two months. We'll talk in more detail about it during the public webinar we're hosting on November 22.
Two Fails for This Month
- Amazon Certifications Runaround in Different Marketplaces. Earlier in the year, we had a decent-selling product suspended because Amazon was asking for a particular safety certificate for the item that was not applicable to the item. Ultimately, after weeks of back and forth, Amazon finally re-instated the item on Amazon.com. Flash forward three months, and now we're going through the same suspension and runaround on Amazon.ca. This ordeal highlights one of the biggest frustrations with Amazon: different departments and marketplaces are so siloed from one another.
- Stagnant Product Development. This one is a carryover from last month. We have a good chunk of products that continued to be stalled in development. We've made some minor progress, but essentially, have had to completely re-engineer the packaging for one of our items.