Welcome to Episode 339 of the EcomCrew podcast! In this episode, we decided to have a little fun by talking about the funny (albeit stressful) customer experiences we had while running our ecommerce business.
Joining me in the podcast is Meredith Erin, co-founder of Boredwalk, a company that sells creative apparel. Meredith started the business in 2014 right in their garage together with her now-husband Matt.
In this episode, you get to hear about some of the things we had to go through in order to keep our customers happy. We laugh about it now, but surely, it caused us some serious problems when we were dealing with them.
- The Package Stabber – 5:05
- The customer who ordered a shirt in the wrong size – 7:40
- Mr. Impatient – 9:26
- Customers who get mad because the package shipped too fast – 9:59
- Small mailboxes, big packages – 11:28
- The time Mike had to call authorities on a customer – 12:00
- How reasonable are customers in general? – 15:05
- Advantages of having customer representatives – 18:02
- Meredith’s bingo card – 21:50
- Customers who can’t tell the difference between navy and black – 22:35
- The effects of politics on a business – 24:10
- Dealing with being open about mental health in product designs – 26:33
- How Meredith dealt with people who hate their designs – 28:50
- What it takes to be an artist an and entrepreneur – 29:46
- The value of hard work in business – 31:11
- The 4-hour workweek myth – 32:36
If you want to spice up your wardrobe, check out Meredith’s company, Boredwalk, and discover your next statement shirt!
This November 11 at 10 AM (PST), we will be talking about product differentiation and how you can improve your products to make it stand out from those of your competitors.
Product differentiation is one of our most favorite topics at EcomCrew because it truly makes a difference in terms of revenue as well as the overall customer satisfaction.
This webinar is completely free, so sign up now to reserve your seat.
For those of you who haven’t tried EcomCrew Premium yet, now is the perfect time to do so. We will be relaunching on Black Friday, and this will be the last time we’re going to do so in 2020.
We have some sweet deals for you, so don’t miss it! Sign up for the waiting list today.
Until the next episode!