E228: How Our New Ecommerce Brand Hit $1 Million in Yearly Run RateMarch 4, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Around mid-2017 Dave embarked on a journey to build another million dollar brand after he sold his first one in 2016.
He originally planned to reach a $1 million revenue run rate in 12 months, but certain things happening in 2018–including a legal dispute, among others–contributed to a slow growth throughout the year.
21 months later, Dave finally hit his $1 million revenue goal. In this podcast episode he discusses the things that lengthened the process so that you can avoid it in your own business. He also shares tips and hints for increasing the profitability of your brand, along with growth strategies you can employ.
Some conversation points:
- Why he is directing almost all sales to Amazon
- How he brings cold outside traffic to Amazon
- The benefits of creating a content-only website that is completely separate from an ecommerce site
- Why hiring one VA to handle both customer support and article writing is not a good idea
- How Google Shopping and Facebook is contributing to our growth
- Growth plans for 2019, including creating a secondary “stealth” Amazon account
Thanks for listening to this episode! If you have any questions feel free to leave them below.
Until the next one, happy selling.