E229: 5 Step Hiring Process for Freelancers with Nathan Hirsch of FreeeUpMarch 7, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Hiring is not the easiest thing to do in the entrepreneur world, but it’s also the most important task an entrepreneur eventually must do if they want their business to grow.
Nathan Hirsch knows this all too well. At first he wasn’t sold on the idea of hiring someone but when his first busy season came and led him to work 10-12 hour workdays all by himself, he knew he had to find someone and help him run his business.
After learning from multiple bad hiring decisions, FreeeUp was born.
FreeeUp is a service that provides entrepreneurs access to vetted freelancers from around the world. They do the screening and pre-interviewing, and claims to let only the “top 1%” into the FreeeUp platform. Entrepreneurs can just submit a request and FreeeUp matches them with a vetted freelancer/VA/agency within a business day.
Some conversation points:
- How Nathan’s remote worker quit on him during his first day of vacation
- The importance of hiring people around your strengths and weaknesses
- The pitfall of interviewing based on skill and the importance of personality and work ethic
- Setting expectations and establishing a feedback loop
- The dangers low-balling freelancers
- The different levels of freelancers and how FreeeUp vets them
Don’t make the mistake of waiting too long before making your first hire. If you’re looking to hire now, Nathan was kind enough to provide EcomCrew listeners with a $50 credit on the platform. Just use the code ECOMCREW when signing up.
Thanks for listening! Until the next one, happy selling.