E233: 3 Things to Consider Before Shifting From Affiliate Marketing to Selling Physical ProductsMarch 21, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
When we made the move from affiliate marketing to selling our own physical products years ago, we realized in a kind of baptism-by-fire way how starkly different the two business models are.
Mike Higman, owner of HuntingGearDeals.com, is trying to make the same shift. In this episode, he and I talk about the 3 things he needs to carefully consider to make sure he is prepared to take his business to the next level: cash flow, products to sell, and content strategy.
- Why cash flow is the enemy of a physical products business
- How to find the perfect product to sell by leveraging information from your affiliate marketing website
- The best way to rank your website on Google
- How to gather content from true fans of your product
- Why you need to be careful about spending tons of money on web development
Mike and I met when he signed up for 5 Minute Pitch. Check out his story and pitch.
Thanks for listening! Until the next one, happy selling.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.