E239: 6 Actionable Ecommerce SEO Strategies with Brian Dean of BacklinkoApril 11, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
If you ask us to pick one episode from the EcomCrew Podcast that we think every ecommerce store owner should listen to, today’s episode would be a clear winner.
We’re very excited to have Brian Dean on today’s episode. If you’ve been living under a rock, Brian is an SEO expert and the founder of the Backlinko blog. He has been called an “SEO genius” and is one of the people I follow closely, and whose courses have helped propel my ecommerce store to new Google search heights.
In today’s episode Brian and I discuss a topic that many ecommerce store owners find daunting–ecommerce SEO.
- Why it’s no longer possible to rank simply by putting products on a page
- Brian’s experience with black-hat SEO and how he figured out how to give Google what it wants
- Why you should go for longer-tail keywords
- The ideal number of clicks from the homepage to a product page
- Why you need to have unique descriptions for every product
- How to see if your website has “page bloat”
- The importance of content marketing and how to find the perfect writer for your store’s blog
- The advantage online stores have over blogs when building links
This episode is a discussion of a guide Brian wrote about the topic. You can read about it here.
Thanks for listening to this episode! Until the next one, happy selling.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.