E269: Managing a Growing Ecommerce Business, Moving it Off AmazonJuly in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Today’s guest is Aneta Winiarski. She’s our superfan #2 and is based in Toronto, Canada. Aneta owns and runs a kitchenware brand called Stylized Settings, which is sold exclusively on Amazon.
A growing business like hers can eat up a lot of time. As a mom to two boys, she’s looking at ways to have more control over that growth by diversifying away from Amazon.
Give this episode a listen and you’ll learn:
- On the lack of women in the industry (2:13)
- How she got her start in ecommerce (5:06)
- How she started her kitchenware brand (6:51)
- Last year’s revenues and how’s 2019 going (8:43)
- The challenges she’s facing with the business (9:39)
- Diversifying from the Amazon-only world (10:10)
I also answered Aneta’s questions (17:08) on a bunch of topics including hiring more people and managing inventory.
Here are the timestamps to that for easy reference.
- When Aneta should diversify away from Amazon (19:07)
- Outsourcing routine tasks in the business (22:04)
- Content creation – where to focus limited time and resources (31:34)
- Diversifying into Amazon Canada (39:30)
- Inventory management (46:00)
This episode is part of our Women’s Month celebration. We’d love to see more women in the ecommerce industry, so if you are a female business owner, head over to www.ecomcrew.com/underthehood and tell us your story. We’d love to feature you on the podcast.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.