Today’s guest is Aneta Winiarski. She’s our superfan #2 and is based in Toronto, Canada. Aneta owns and runs a kitchenware brand called Stylized Settings, which is sold exclusively on Amazon.
A growing business like hers can eat up a lot of time. As a mom to two boys, she’s looking at ways to have more control over that growth by diversifying away from Amazon.
Give this episode a listen and you’ll learn:
- On the lack of women in the industry (2:13)
- How she got her start in ecommerce (5:06)
- How she started her kitchenware brand (6:51)
- Last year’s revenues and how’s 2019 going (8:43)
- The challenges she’s facing with the business (9:39)
- Diversifying from the Amazon-only world (10:10)
I also answered Aneta’s questions (17:08) on a bunch of topics including hiring more people and managing inventory.
Here are the timestamps to that for easy reference.
- When Aneta should diversify away from Amazon (19:07)
- Outsourcing routine tasks in the business (22:04)
- Content creation – where to focus limited time and resources (31:34)
- Diversifying into Amazon Canada (39:30)
- Inventory management (46:00)
This episode is part of our Women’s Month celebration. We’d love to see more women in the ecommerce industry, so if you are a female business owner, head over to www.ecomcrew.com/underthehood and tell us your story. We’d love to feature you on the podcast.