E331: Starting Out in Ecommerce with the Founders of Kindred BravelySeptember in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Welcome to E331 of the EcomCrew Podcast! In this episode, we have a husband-and-wife duo who share their ecommerce journey with us.
Deeanne and Garret Akerson had full-time jobs and two small kids when they first recognized the need to make high-quality and comfortable clothing for pregnant and lactating mothers. Born out of the desire to make motherhood easier, they made it their business’ mission to provide moms with a great selection of clothes that are both functional and stylish.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How Deeanne and Garret started Kindred Bravely – 3:45
- How they dealt with existing brands who offered the same products – 7:30
- How they got their first reviews – 9:30
- Turning customer suggestions into best selling products – 10:20
- Quitting their jobs to do the business full-time – 15:18
- Their secret sauce – 19:35
- How Kindred Bravely got their first award – 25:07
- Their experience with some of the top financial mentors – 29:00
- Dealing with the winters of the business – 28:40
- Vanity metrics – 31:30
- Employing a team to focus on what they do best – 34:25
Spending too much on PPC ads and not seeing much growth in your sales?
Join us on our webinar this September 17, and we will talk about how you can increase external traffic to your Amazon listing the white hat way.
If you want to get more reviews and reach out to customers who left you reviews, check out CaptainAMZ. You can get 10% off your chosen plan by entering the code ECOMCREW10.
If you liked this episode, please leave us a review over at iTunes.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.