E333: The Present and Future of Ecommerce Amidst the PandemicSeptember in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
When we first heard of the existence of COVID-19 earlier this year, most of us didn’t think that we would still need to be at home past the middle of 2020.
Aside from our ability to be outside and be with people, the pandemic has also impacted the economy significantly. Many businesses had to declare bankruptcy, and millions of people around the world were laid off.
In this episode, Mike sits down with Brian Miller, the CEO of Easy China Warehouse, to discuss the effects of COVID to ecommerce businesses and where he thinks ecommerce is headed post-pandemic.
Brian talks about:
- Where the virus started – 3:45
- How the US and China differed in how they handled the pandemic – 4:45
- How honest China is regarding the number of cases – 9:05
- Brian’s quarantine story – 12:49
- How factories in China are doing – 16:20
- Consumer sentiment and how it is affected by the pandemic – 17:35
- Mike’s advice for ecommerce business owners – 26:30
- The importance of taking into account the adjustment period for the economy – 28:25
- The ripple effect caused if small business owners do not make it – 32:10
- Services that Easy China Warehouse offers – 34:20
For those of you who aren’t members yet, we are opening EcomCrew Premium again! This will only be for a limited time, so sign up while you still can.
We also have a public webinar coming about increasing external traffic to your listing so you won’t have to spend too much on PPC ads. This will be held on Sept 17 at 10 AM (PST).
As always, we only have limited slots, so you better reserve yours now.
If you liked this episode, please leave a review over on iTunes.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.