E338: Mike and Dave’s Favorite Business Books
Welcome to Episode 338 of the EcomCrew podcast! Today, Dave and I are doing something new. We’re not just gonna be talking about ecommerce. We’re also gonna dive into the business books that shaped us into the people we are today.
These books were highly influential especially as to how we handle our teams and operate our businesses in general. We talk about some highlights of the books and how we implemented what we learned into running our brands.
- Mike’s new reading routine – 3:15
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline – 7:00
- Book No. 1:The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey – 10:03
- Highlights of Book 1 – 12:04
- Book No. 2: The One Thing by Gary Keller – 14:14
- How Dave implemented the ideas from Book No. 2 for EcomCrew – 17:15
- Bonus Book: Who Moved My Cheese? By Spencer Johnson – 19:00
- Book No. 3:The 21 Indispensable Qualities of a Leader by John Maxwell – 20:10
- Mike’s experience with employment – 22:47
- The fear of losing one’s job – 24:48
- Book No. 4: No Man’s Land by Doug Tatum – 26:24
- Big vs. small companies – 28:40
- Book No. 5: Traction by Gino Wickman – 35:28
- Book No. 6: Ride of a Lifetime by Bob Iger – 39:34
- Bonus Book: Shoe Dog by Phil Knight
- Dave’s most overrated book: Traction – 39:38
- Mike’s defense for Traction – 41:30
- Mike’s most overrated book: The 4-Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris – 45:14
If you loved this episode, listen to E175 of the podcast to get to know more about Mike and how he started his ecommerce journey.
For those of you who are still on the fence about availing of our paid services, now’s the time to take the leap!
EcomCrew Premium is reopening on Black Friday, and we have a very special promotion for you! This will be the last time in 2020 that Premium will reopen, and because of the spirit of the holiday, we’re giving a special offer to those who will sign up.
Speaking of special offers, our friends over at Captain AMZ has one for EcomCrew podcast listeners.
If you’re an Amazon seller, you know how important good reviews are for your business. Captain AMZ can help you automatically request reviews and feedback and track all of them in one place.
Just head on over to captainamz.com and use the code ecomcrew10 or go to ecomcrew.com/captamz to get 10% off from their services.
If you liked this episode, show us your love by leaving us a review over on iTunes.
Until the next one.