E359: How E-Commerce Sellers Can Bounce Back After Missing the MarkJanuary in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Shoot for the moon, land among the stars, so the saying goes.
Rob Hampton was our guest for a two-part Under The Hood session back in 2018, and he’s back to share his experiences with us after taking my advice for growing his ecommerce business.
In this catch-up episode, we pick up right where we left off. Rob talks about some of the things that prevented him from achieving his million-dollar-revenue goal, and how he still landed on a comfortable 3.5x growth.
I pick apart some of his biggest challenges going into 2021 and share a lot of things that worked for me with my own ecommerce brands.
From the benefits of hiring a VA to the most effective tools for inventory and project management, there’s a lot to learn here if you’re looking to scale your ecommerce business.
- How Rob still grew his business despite some challenges – 5:40
- The benefits of hiring a VA – 6:30
- How to scale your processes and systems – 11:35
- Project management tools that work for us – 18:14
- Why aiming for 10x in a year can be tough – 20:01
- Why we went from a single Amazon account for several brands to managing multiple accounts – 25:22
- Our preferred Inventory management system – 28:46
- Why our current 3PL is a joy to work with – 42:59
- How to handle SKU count growth – 51:44
- Advice on switching from cash to accrual bookkeeping – 1:00:10
I want to thank Rob for coming back to the podcast and sharing how he grew his business.
If you want to schedule an hour-long coaching session and be featured on the podcast, feel free to sign up for Under The Hood.
Got any big plans for 2021? Let us know, and don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you like this episode.
Until the next one, happy selling!
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.