We’re inching our way to four hundred episodes, but this might be the first time I’ve talked to someone who got into ecommerce out of desperation—and grew to seven figures at that!
Kata Phipps is a clinical psychologist by trade. She’s married to a military guy, which meant, for years, having to constantly move from one place to another and not being able to settle in and practice her craft.
Out of a mix of chance and desperation, Kata dabbled in ecommerce. She eventually found out that she had a knack for it and built a 7-figure brand within only a year.
In this episode, we talk all about how she got started, how she deals with copycats in the Amazon space, and how joining the Titan Network propelled her even further. We also get Kata’s psychology perspective on current consumer behavior and what trends she thinks are coming our way when lockdowns are finally lifted and vaccines are rolled out.
- How Kata got into ecommerce – 03:02
- The first products Kata ever sold on Amazon – 6:34
- Kata’s thought process behind finding her next million dollar product – 8:59
- Investing in good karma in ecommerce – 18:43
- Why joining a seller network helps more than your know – 22:18
- How global tragedies affect consumer behavior – 29:45
- What the trends are going to be in a post-COVID world – 33:03
- How to deal with immense cash flow needs when you’re just starting out – 37:23
- The value of asking your supplier questions – 42:30
I want to thank Kata for coming to the show and sharing her story. If you’d like to get in touch with her and pick her brain about the ecommerce industry, you can hit her up on Facebook as Kata Phipps or email her at email@example.com.
Don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoyed this episode. It helps more than you know.
Until the next one, happy selling!