Consumers are becoming more wary and on edge about online security and keeping their data safe. Developers address this concern by doubling down on data privacy and limiting ads, albeit, at the expense of businesses’ efforts to reach potential customers.
In this episode, I talk to Eric Hochberger, who runs the ad management company Mediavine, about how these changes and consumer concerns will impact profit and shape the direction of advertising.
- Intro – 0:00
- Alarm Grid – 3:55
- Repercussions of enhanced privacy on businesses – 4:45
- A common misconception of consumers regarding privacy – 7:17
- Curating ads based on users’ interest – 10:17
- Possible impact on monetization – 14:27
- Amazon and Facebook advertising – 17:00
- Staying nimble and adapting to the market – 20:09
- Trellis by Mediavine – 24:10
Thank you for coming on the podcast, Eric. If you’re planning to get a website running or already have an existing one that needs an update, check out Trellis by Mediavine. It’s a WordPress framework optimized for speed, which I tested out myself and can vouch for.
In other news, we’ve got a Secret Sauce webinar coming up on the 16th. This month’s mini class is all about making incremental product improvements for big returns. Check out the linked page for more information about the latest course and the topics that we’ll be covering.
That’s it for this week’s EcomCrew Podcast. If you enjoyed this episode, show us some love by leaving a review over on iTunes. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!