This week on the podcast, we have the founder and CMO of Wizards of Ecom, Carlos Alvarez. If there’s one thing Carlos and I have in common, it’s that we defied a statistic. As school dropouts, we’re not expected to succeed in life. But with grit and hard work, here we are.
Carlos has quite the story to share with us today, from dropping out of school at the age of 10, getting scammed by a non-existent Alibaba supplier to exiting a business and founding a successful ecommerce academy. Needless to say, his journey is quite the ride. Here's some topics we talked about:
- Intro – 0:00
- Hustling at a young age – 4:00
- The importance of education – 8:35
- “Touching the stove” and learning from it – 10:23
- Staying ahead of the curve – 14:16
- Saving for a rainy day – 16:57
- Finding motivation to keep going – 22:32
- Work-life balance and burnout – 25:36
That’s it for this week’s episode. Carlos, thank you so much for coming on the show and telling us a little bit about your incredible story. I hope to have you again here in the future.
In the meantime, tune in to the latest episode of the Wizards of Ecom podcast featuring yours truly, which comes out on the 28th.
Don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our podcast. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!