After hearing him speak at eCommerceFuel Live last March, I invited Spencer Jan to be on the podcast to expound on a particular point in his presentation that struck me the most: innovation.
Spencer is the co-founder of Solo Stove, a company he started way back in 2010 in a garage. After exiting the business, he is now focused on helping other entrepreneurs build their own brands through informative content.
During our quick conversation, Spencer and I were able to cover a bit more ground about his journey and thoughts on the future of ecommerce. Here are the highlights from the episode:
- Intro – 0:00
- Spencer’s early years in ecommerce – 3:36
- Choosing to focus on Solo Stove – 7:50
- The ‘dopamine hit’ of starting something new – 11:40
- Keeping up with the times – 13:53
- Innovation as a force in ecommerce – 15:31
- How ecommerce has evolved since he started – 20:08
- Differentiating yourself from the competition – 26:13
Thank you so much for coming on the podcast, Spencer. I hope to see you at Sellers Summit. If you guys want ecommerce-related videos, make sure to check out Spencer’s YouTube channel.
Don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our podcast. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!