Over the past few months, we’ve been working on a survey to pick the brain of today’s Amazon consumer a little bit – to better understand their purchasing habits.
What pushes a consumer to check out an item? Which matters more: star rating or number of reviews? With the findings, we hope sellers can leverage them to improve their strategies.
We also found out something that we’ve somewhat always suspected. You’ll want to stick around till the end. It’s quite the bombshell. But don’t skip!
These are the highlights from this episode:
- Intro – 0:00
- The most important buying holiday – 3:45
- The deciding factor to make a purchase – 7:50
- Good star rating vs number of reviews – 10:12
- The impact of reviews – 13:40
- Do badges matter? – 18:20
- Sponsored products – 22:45
- The real reason why buyers return products – 27:05
- The impact of returns on ranking – 34:38
- Shoutout to the team – 36:10
We hope you learned a thing or two from our survey. Of course, I can’t end this without recognizing the hard work of our team. This would not have been possible without them.
Mind you, we only covered a small portion of the survey, so if you want to see the full report, you can check out www.ecomcrew.com/amazonreport.
As always, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our content. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!