E127: The Importance of Masterminds on Business and Personal LifeMarch 12, 2018 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
If you’ve been listening to the EcomCrew Podcast for quite some time, you’ll know that I’m a big believer of masterminds. The company of people who understand your struggles as an entrepreneur and offer guidance on your growth is invaluable. In the words of Napoleon Hill:
“Deliberately seek the company of people who influence you to think and act on building the life you desire.”
I recently joined a mastermind with mid- to high-seven figure entrepreneurs and I just came back from an in-person retreat with them. I just literally landed and went right away to record this episode, because the retreat had such a profound impact on me that I had to record while everything is still fresh on my mind.
While the entire weekend had been absolutely beneficial to me and everyone who was at the retreat, let me share with you one of the most impactful activities we had. Each of us answered one of the following questions, which I think everyone needs to be asked at some point:
1. Describe your relationship with your father from his point of view.
2. What was the last conflict you had with your spouse?
3. What was the lowest point leading your company?
4. What is something you’re most ashamed of about your life?
5. What is the best thing you ever did?
6. Tell about a decision that you made that you regret.
7. What is your most public failure?
8. When did you most recently feel self-doubt?
9. How do you manage your ego?
10. What are not doing, that you need to be doing, and you want to do before you die?
11. What are you doing right now that you know you absolutely must do?
12. What is one thing you want to do before you die?
13. What is the most questionable thing you’ve done this year?
14. Do you think that cheating is natural?
15. What are you most afraid of?
16. Tell a recent time where you lacked integrity.
As you can see from the questions, this mastermind weekend is pretty emotional for me. It’s easy for me to nerd out about business, but opening up about personal things is a challenge for me. This mastermind retreat helped me get over that hump, and made me reflect on the big picture and see what actually matters to me in the long run.
Thanks for listening to this episode. Until the next one, happy selling!