E227: 19 Goals for 2019February 28, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
It’s the end of February and I’m behind on sharing my goals for the year.
But here they are. My 19 goals for 2019. I made it a little bit different this year by coming up with three themes – less is more, doubling down on ecomCrew, and focusing more on “me”. As you read through my list, you’ll find that each goal fits a theme or two.
1. Sell a brand. I feel that it’s time to de-risk and take some money off the table so this year we will be actively working towards selling one of our brands. I will also be creating a series on this with Joe valley from Quiet Light Brokerage.
2. Position another brand for sale in late 2020. We’ll start thinking about this now in anticipation that we will be in a better spot with whatever brand we’ll be letting go of next year.
3. Getting back to location independence. We were digital nomads before that was even a thing but we’ve been grounded in San Diego for 5 years but I miss being location independent so we’ll be working on that this year.
4. Reducing debt to zero dollars. My aim is to have zero debt in the business and in our personal lives.
5. Hike the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island. Supposedly one of the most beautiful trails in the world. Dave and I will be doing this 5-day hike along with some other guys
6. Take at least 10 weeks of personal travel. There will be a significant amount of personal travel. I’ll be incorporating it the trips that we’ll be doing for the EcomCrew Roadshow. I’d like to visit Iowa and North Dakota – the last two out of the 50 states that I haven’t been to. I’d also like to visit some new countries this year get past the number 50 mark of countries visited.
7. Record 6 or more episodes of the EcomCrew Roadshow.
8. Invest in at least 1 ecommerce business. Leveraging our resources to be able to help other people and businesses grow.
9. Lose 10 more pounds. The plan is to lose about a pound a month.
10. Visit the Philippines office in 2019.
11. Start selling our services for EcomCrew. We’ll start small, offering services to Premium members initially.
12. Significantly improve the quality of the podcast. We want the podcast to be really noticeable so we’ll be hiring a professional audio and video editor and refining our process of getting people to be interviewed on the podcast.
13. Film season 2 of 5 Minute Pitch.
14. Break each of our brands out into different companies.
15. Start hosting personal events for EcomCrew. Not full-fledged conferences but small gatherings of ecommerce entrepreneurs with a mastermind-like setup.
16. Speak at 6 industry events.
17. Shift to doing things that only bring me immense personal fulfillment.
18. Do intermittent fasting for all of 2019.
19. Not to drink the rest of 2019.
Join this month’s giveaway and get the chance to win an annual Premium subscription for free.
Need onsite and personalized advice for your struggling ecommerce business? Sign up for the EcomCrew Roadshow. Read more about it here.
Finally, if you enjoyed listening and think this episode has been useful to you, please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy selling!