E487: Back to Basics – EcomCrew’s Unofficial Guide to Amazon Terms of Service
Being an Amazon seller is tough, and the fact that Amazon rarely ever gives categorical answers to sellers’ questions does not make it easier. Matter of fact, Amazon’s Terms of Service for sellers are almost always either vague, elusive, or downright contradictory.
This is why we crafted EcomCrew’s Unofficial Guide to Amazon ToS, where you can find the answers to all your burning questions as a seller all in one place.
In this Back to Basics session, Ben and I will go through the handbook to give you a clear idea of what you can and cannot do on Amazon.
- Intro – 00:00
- EcomCrew’s Unofficial Amazon ToS Handbook – 1:50
- The big problem with Amazon’s terms of service – 3:10
- Can I put my URL on the product packaging? – 5:35
- Can I add HTML links to my Amazon product description? – 12:40
- Why is my product tagged as an adult item when it’s not? – 14:04
- Is there a limit to how expensive I can sell my product? – 19:03
- Can my friends and family write customer reviews for my products? – 21:40
- Can I pay for product reviews? – 25:45
- Is encouraging customers to leave positive reviews allowed? – 32:59
- Can I give away my products? – 35:30
- Are using two-step URLs still a thing? – 37:00
I wanna thank Ben for coming on and doing this very insightful episode with me. Check out some of our other Back to Basics episodes below:
- E456: Back to Basics – Costs and Profitability Q&A
- E465: Back to Basics – Increasing Profitability Q&A
Please don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes if you enjoyed this episode. Happy selling and we’ll talk to you soon!