At the beginning of January, I laid out 18 goals I wanted to accomplish this year. My list consisted of both business and personal goals, with some items certainly harder and loftier than the others. While I made sure that my goals are reasonably achievable, I can’t deny that a part of me–any maybe you, too–is wondering if I can achieve them all.
That’s why I decided that I will do a quarterly check on my progress to clearly see how far along I am on the road to achieving my goals. If you’ve set goals too, this is a practice I highly recommend. Far too often we underestimate how quickly a year can pass, and if you don’t make frequent checks on the things you set out to do, you might have the surprise of your life in the form of untended goals by year’s end.
So in this episode, I will share with you my first 2018 Goals Quarterly Review. If you didn’t get a chance to listen to my goals episode, here’s the list of my 18 (yes, I did that to be cheesy) 2018 Goals for your reference:
- Develop 50 new products
- Launch on Amazon Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and eventually, Australia
- Optimize our Amazon listings to increase sales by 50%
- Improve PPC
- Implement the concepts in the book Traction in our business
- Reach $10 million in revenue with a 10% net profit
- Lose 12 lbs
- Record 100 episodes of the podcast
- Launch a new version of ecomcrew.com
- Launch 4 new courses
- Speak at at least 4 industry events
- Hike 80 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail
- Take an epic 2-week vacation
- Visit the Philippines office at least once
- Read 4 books (I know, I know… 4 books aren’t a lot but I’m not really a book reader so please don’t laugh at me)
- Hand off my Facebook ads to other people within the company
- Come up with at least one new tactic that no one else is doing
- Never lose sight of the bigger picture: create 5 star products that people will truly love and continue to enjoy what I’m doing
I’m happy to say that I’m on track with most of the items on the list. I know, however, that this is just the 1st quarter and unexpected things could derail those goals. But this check has given me the confidence I need to continue with the year head on.
Thanks for listening to this episode. Until next week, happy selling!