It’s the middle of July. Man, where did the year go? So much has happened since I last gave you guys an update in April so this one is due.
The last couple of months have a been marred by struggles. However, our wins definitely rank higher than our struggles. As a company, I’d say we are in a good place and poised to be in an even better one before the year is out.
So, let’s get to it. Here’s a status update for each of my 18 goals in 2018.
1. Develop 50 new products – on-track, have hit the halfway mark in terms of purchase orders
2. Launch on Amazon Canada, UK, Germany, France, Italy, and eventually, Australia
– we’re already on Amazon CA and the UK, eyeing a launch in Germany & France by the end of the year
3. Optimize our Amazon listings to increase sales by 50%
4. Optimize Amazon PPC – definitely ahead of the curve here, cost of advertising has gone way down for us while sales continue to go up
5. Implement the concepts in the book Traction in our business – we’ve gotten more organized since implementing the concepts in this book; individual goals have been set out for employees prior to Q3
6. Reach $10 million in revenue with a 10% net profit – we’re frustratingly behind on this, problems in Q2 have set us back and currently, we are still at the $2.5-million mark
7. Lose 12 lbs – have already lost 6.3 lbs
8. Record 100 episodes of the podcast – on track to get this done; we’re at about 55 episodes right now
9. Launch a new version of ecomcrew.com – we’ve already done this twice
10. Launch 4 new courses – we’re on track here as well; expect new courses for Facebook Messenger and Facebook Advertising for Ecommerce to go live in August
11. Speak at least 4 industry events – have already spoken at 3 events with several more lined up
12. Hike 80 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail – will need to replace this with a new one as conditions in the PCT are no longer ideal for hiking at this time
13. Take an epic 2-week vacation – might opt for a local destination where I can drive instead of having to get on a plane
14. Visit the Philippines office at least once – visited the guys out there in April, might visit a second time in October
15. Read 4 books – have read Traction and Ready Player One so far
16. Hand off my Facebook ads to other people within the company – I’ve since hired a marketing person to take care of this
17. Come up with at least one new tactic that no one else is doing – we have a lot of new ideas in the drawing board
18. Never lose sight of the bigger picture: create 5-star products that people will truly love and continue to enjoy what I’m doing – have been getting positive feedback on our products and will work on raising employee satisfaction even further
If you haven’t been keeping up with my previous updates, here are the other podcast episodes to listen to.
Other Useful Resources:
Thanks for listening to this episode! If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy selling!