E330: Focusing on Logistics to Increase Profitability
Welcome to E330 of the EcomCrew podcast! Today I’m joined by Aaron Rubin, the founder and CEO of ShipHero.
Aaron has years of experience in ecommerce and has mastered the art of fulfillment. His business is all about making it easier for other ecommerce entrepreneurs to manage their own inventories and make fulfillment a breeze. A few dollars saved on thousands of shipments every month really does add up.
In this episode, we talk about
- How Aaron started with ShipHero – 2:12
- The difference between fulfilling through Amazon and doing it on your own – 5:30
- How reconsidering your shipping methods can increase your profits – 7:58
- The importance of your product’s physical dimensions – 9:35
- Reasons why an Amazon-only seller should use a 3PL -16:18
- Questions you should be asking 3PLs before engaging with them – 20:15
- Cost of using 3PLs – 22:30
- Where 3PLs make their money – 27:42
- What 3PLs can and can’t do – 34:00
- What small, medium, and large mean to 3PLs – 36:24
- Some helpful tips about logistics – 39:53
If you want to learn more about ShipHero, you can visit fulfillment.shiphero.com or reach Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also wrote a book that will teach you how to launch a best selling product on Amazon the white hat way! The good news is you can get the book for free. All you need to do is pay for the shipping charges and we’ll take care of the rest.
Do you think we can do better?
Tell us what you think about the podcast and get a chance to win our 6 full-length ecommerce courses.
If you learned something from this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes.
Hey Mike and Dave!
Logistics are always important but seem even more important with oversized products in order to manage your costs. Therefore, when shipping products to a FBA warehouse for oversized products do you palletize, clamp truck, or floor load your shipping containers? Specifically interested in small, oversized products that weigh less than 25-lbs. Last, do you change the way you load your containers if using Amazon Global Logistics (AGL)?
Speaking of logistics, it is home that logistics management is a big aspect of business that needs enough time and care to meet customer needs and market position. To do this, you need to cooperate with reliable software that will ensure the safety and maintenance of commercial vehicles and trucking companies, transport companies, freight transportatio