E330: Focusing on Logistics to Increase ProfitabilityAugust in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Welcome to E330 of the EcomCrew podcast! Today I’m joined by Aaron Rubin, the founder and CEO of ShipHero.
Aaron has years of experience in ecommerce and has mastered the art of fulfillment. His business is all about making it easier for other ecommerce entrepreneurs to manage their own inventories and make fulfillment a breeze.
Business owners may not be thinking much about how to ship their products as much as what products to launch or increasing sales, but it does make a big difference when it comes to profits. A few dollars saved on thousands of shipments every month really does add up.
In this episode, we talk about
- How Aaron started with ShipHero – 2:12
- The difference between fulfilling through Amazon and doing it on your own – 5:30
- How reconsidering your shipping methods can increase your profits – 7:58
- The importance of your product’s physical dimensions – 9:35
- Reasons why an Amazon-only seller should use a 3PL -16:18
- Questions you should be asking 3PLs before engaging with them – 20:15
- Cost of using 3PLs – 22:30
- Where 3PLs make their money – 27:42
- What 3PLs can and can’t do – 34:00
- What small, medium, and large mean to 3PLs – 36:24
- Some helpful tips about logistics – 39:53
We also wrote a book that will teach you how to launch a best selling product on Amazon the white hat way! The good news is you can get the book for free. All you need to do is pay for the shipping charges and we’ll take care of the rest.
Do you think we can do better?
Tell us what you think about the podcast and get a chance to win our 6 full-length ecommerce courses.
If you learned something from this episode, please leave us a review on iTunes.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.