Ecommerce is a fast-changing industry, and people rarely ever get that holy grail experience that our guest today has.
Ben Leonard is the founder of Beast Gear, a fitness equipment brand born out of this personal interest in physical activities like crossfit and boxing. In just a span of 3 years, he grew the company to a whopping 7-figure brand and has since sold his business.
He eventually co-founded Ecom Brokers, which is an ecommerce brokerage tailored to helping other sellers follow in his footsteps and get successful exits of their own.
In this episode, Ben takes me through his entire journey in ecommerce. From discovering his entrepreneurial spark, to developing his brand and a suite of products that people talk about, to selling his business, and all the way to building his own ecommerce brokerage to help other sellers build and sell their businesses.
- Ben’s story and how he got into ecommerce – 3:23
- How Ben developed a 7-figure brand – 5:30
- Getting people to talk about his products – 10:11
- Ben’s biggest challenges in scaling his business – 13:21
- Why Ben decided to sell his brand – 19:20
- Diversifying and starting new brands – 21:42
- Co-founding his own ecommerce brokerage – 24:56
I wanna thank Ben for coming to the show and sharing his story. If you’re looking to grow and sell your business for top dollar (just like we have), head over to Ecom Brokers. You may also reach out to Ben on benleonard.pro for even more strategic advice.
Planning to sell your business in the near future? Let us know, and don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes so we can help more ecommerce sellers.
Until the next one, happy selling!