Born out of the digital revolution, Lazada is one of the largest ecommerce platforms in Southeast Asia.
In this episode, I sit down with Lazada Co-Founder and former CEO, Pierre Poignant, to talk about how he saw a massive opportunity for digital retail in Southeast Asia, how Lazada operates smoothly across international borders, and how they scaled the company after being acquired by Alibaba.
Pierre also shares some valuable insights on the ecommerce principles in the East that could work for many sellers in the West, as well as how he’s helping sellers grow their brands through his new company.
- Intro – 0:00
- How Pierre got started with building Lazada – 2:43
- How Lazada was founded – 5:41
- How Lazada manages logistics all over Southeast Asia – 9:59
- Being acquired by Alibaba – 12:56
- Leaving Lazada and starting a new venture – 15:29
- Ecommerce philosophies in the east that could work in the west – 17:09
- Branded’s business model and core philosophy – 18:37
- The next ecommerce revolution – 22:03
I hope you enjoyed my conversation with Pierre as much as I have, and I definitely can’t wait to have him back a couple of years from now to see how far Branded has come along. If you want to learn more about their services, head over to their website, joinbranded.com or connect with Pierre on LinkedIn.
Don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our content, and as always, happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!