E440: Our First (and Only) Episode on Cryptocurrency
Our topic for today is not totally in line with ecommerce, but a bunch of you guys requested it so here we are: Ecomcrew’s one and only episode on cryptocurrency.
The subject is especially interesting since Dave and I aren’t exactly on the same team when it comes to this one, even though we both have experience investing in it.
For this episode, we break down some of the ambiguities surrounding cryptocurrency, how we think it’ll impact the business landscape, and whether or not it’s worth investing in.
Although, just a quick disclaimer: this episode is not, in any way, us giving financial advice; rather, simply our two cents on the matter at hand.
- Using cryptocurrency to buy domains – 2:13
- A gray area in sales taxation – 4:45
- Mike’s investment in cryptocurrency – 10:18
- Dave’s qualms about cryptocurrency – 19:55
- How the Internet changed and disrupted businesses – 24:54
- Day trading cryptocurrency – 30:57
- Investing in Bitcoin – 38:08
- The importance of timing in investment – 44:54
Whether or not you choose to invest in cryptocurrency, just remember to never put all your eggs in one basket. After all, risk is part of being in business.
That’s it for this week’s episode. Feel free to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our content. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!