Revenue-wise, there was a slight increase from April by almost $70,000. If we’re talking about individual brand progress, there was a fair share of wins and losses.
IceWraps saw a big gain, while Offroading Gear and BTG Gear were down roughly 10% compared to May last year.
In May, we worked with our developer on the finishing touches for our new content website. Slight hiccup though, the launch is delayed by a week at least. But we’re still eyeing a July date!
For Dave, he recently rolled out a ‘cockroach’ product that sold out in a couple of days. If you’re curious to know what this is, you’ll have to sign up for Secret Sauce.
On the other hand, the IPI score of one of his brands dropped below the required threshold, which could result in inventory restrictions. But Dave’s not too worried about it.
Listen to the podcast to know more about what went down in May. Check out the highlights from this episode:
- Intro – 0:00
- How was May overall? – 2:45
- The ups and downs of being an entrepreneur – 5:08
- The seasonality of products – 7:49
- Raising prices – 10:49
- Computing COGS – 13:09
- A quick runthrough of our wins – 19:22
- Dave hiring new people for his brand – 25:07
- Dave’s new cockroach product – 27:40
- The cockroach method and why it works – 29:15
- How Dave dealt with his brand’s IPI score dropping – 32:03
- Amazon’s excess space issue – 33:59
That’s it for our May Brand Report. It’s been a busy couple of months. I expect it’s going to be even busier as we near the launch of our new content website. Wish us luck!
If you want a more detailed breakdown of what we discussed in this episode, you can check out the blog post of the report here.
As always, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our content. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!