E460: June Brand Report 2022 – Improving Margins During An Economic Downturn
As we’ve mentioned in our previous episodes, Dave and I spent a good chunk of June in the Philippines spending time with our employees there.
We also made good headway on the content website we are launching this month–yes, this month! After several setbacks, I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
For me, I worked on improving my margins, which included taking out an Amazon loan and fully transitioning to AGL. It’s definitely a tedious process, but worth it.
If you listened to our May Brand Report podcast, you’ll recall that one of Dave’s brands had an IPI score teetering below the required threshold. He’s got an update on that one.
Let’s get into our latest Brand Report, shall we? Check out the highlights from this episode:
- Intro – 0:00
- Our revenue for June – 2:32
- Average margins in ecommerce – 4:59
- The impact of the declining economy – 6:18
- Gearing up for the worst – 10:14
- What we worked on in June – 12:44
- The reason behind our new content website’s delay – 15:08
- Our game plan for the launch – 17:30
- Transitioning exclusively to AGL – 20:19
- Dripping in LCL inventory via AGL – 25:07
- Amazon’s new growth program – 30:25
- An update on Dave’s IPI score – 32:37
That’s it for our June Brand Report. After several delays, I’m so happy to say we’re almost at the finish line. We can’t wait to finally show you our new content website in the next few days!
In the meantime, you can check out the blog counterpart of the Brand Report here if you want a more detailed account of what we did last month.
As always, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our content. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!