Episode 48: Discounts Are Not an Acquisition StrategyOctober in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Discounts as a business model are dying. It used to be companies would have these big discount sales, but that practice is going away. On today’s episode we will explain why it is dying and how we use discounts and coupons in our businesses.
Here are today’s topics:
- How discounts have helped Colorit in the past.
- What discounts does to conversions.
- The J.C. Penney effect.
- The importance of “anchoring.”
- Why Grant doesn’t do discounts.
- How to deal with hagglers.
- When to offer a discount.
- Why you should offer a feedback opportunity.
Resources Mentioned Today:
Join us on Facebook and leave a like for us, we will be broadcasting our podcasts live on Facebook. Our episodes are moving to Friday. We still will be releasing our episodes for the other platforms, but Facebook users will get the episode 3 days earlier! During these live episodes you the audience will be able to interact with us!
If you have any questions or anything you’d like us to discuss on the podcast please go to ecomcrew.com and fill out the contact form. Also we would really