Episode 50: How to Build Traffic Away From Amazon Part 1
Welcome to our 50th episode! We were going to do this episode on Facebook Live, but there were technical difficulties. Hopefully we’ll be back on Facebook Live for part two of this topic, but for today, our topic is a part one of how to get your traffic away from Amazon.
We have talked about Amazon before and the highs and the lows of selling on the platform Today’s Amazon is so different from the first phase of users back in the day. This new phase on Amazon requires some business chops. There have been some significant changes to the system and those changes aren’t good for the little guy.
That’s why we are going to discuss the methods of creating a consumer base without Amazon. This will be at least a two parter, but a third may come out of it. So if you’re interested in building your business off Amazon, give this episode a listen.
The topics we covered today:
- The changes Amazon has made to their shipping and other changes.
- The problem with Amazon’s personal brand and what that means for the competition.
- Why building on Amazon is like building on quicksand.
- How our predictions for Amazon are coming true.
- Why you need to build your traffic away from Amazon.
- How to get your traffic off Amazon.
- The problems with PPC. (Pay Per Click Advertising?)
- How to use PPC.
- The pitfalls of bidding on keywords.
- Why it’s hard to go from an Amazon based business to a “regular business.”
- How regular business is easier to defend off Amazon.
We plan to be back on Facebook Live the next episode. Tune in for Episode 2 on this topic next week. We will talk about how to think differently about building traffic away from Amazon and other tools we would use to do it. If you want to ask any questions, or if you need examples of how we use PPC, then just leave a comment for us.
If you have any questions or anything you’d like us to discuss on the podcast please go to ecomcrew.com and fill out the contact form. Also we would really appreciate if you would leave us a review on iTunes. Thanks for listening!
Any good masterminds out there?