Episode 63: The Global Sources SummitMarch in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Our guest today is the coordinator of the Global Sources Summit, Meghla Bhardwaj. We discuss the upcoming tradeshow in Hong Kong and what visitors can expect from this year’s event. The summit will be held in 3 phases. Along with the phases, a conference will overlap with the second phase, the Mobile Electronic and Home & Gift show. The phases and dates for this summit are as follows:
- Phase 1 – Electronics: April 11-14
- Phase 2 – Mobile Electronics and Home & Gifts: April 18-21
- Phase 3 – Fashion: April 27-30
- Global Sources Summit Conference: April 17-19
There will be a second summit in October on the same dates.
Here are other aspects we covered today:
- The growth of the summit.
- The Canton Fair vs. The Global Sources Summit
- Who attends the summit?
- The best way to request a sample from a vendor.
- The 3 reasons to attend the summit.
- Why you should always ask the right questions.
- The importance of having a walking plan.
- Mike’s travel plans.
Because of the logistics of this episode we weren’t able to do it as a Facebook Live episode. We will be back next week with a new live episode. To be a part of the Facebook Live episodes just visit our Facebook page and like it. You’ll be notified when we do an episode.
If you would like to know more about Global Sources visit www.globalsources.com. To learn more about the summit visit www.globalsources.com/summit. To contact Meghla directly send a message to [email protected]obalsources.com.
Mike will be attending this event, so if you plan to attend this tradeshow and summit let him know and he’ll try to organize a meet-up.
Resources Mentioned Today:
If you have any questions or anything you’d like us to discuss on the podcast please go to ecomcrew.com and fill out the contact form. Also we would really appreciate if you would leave us a review on iTunes. Thanks for listening!