Today I want to talk about the direction the company is taking and how I plan to keep up with it. We have really plateaued as a company, and part of that is because we don’t have the manpower. We need some new structure. I have decided to take a two-pronged approach to restructuring things. The two sides of the business are:
- The product side or “getting the product to our customers.”
- The eCommerce side – email marketing, promotions, product development, and generally everything pre-sale.
Hopefully, this new structure will help us get to an eight figures status. If you know someone who is kind of a “techie” person, then contact me at [email protected]. I would like a resume or a letter telling me why you are the best fit for the company.
The things I’m looking for in a new hire are as follows:
- Able to relocate or already living in the San Diego area.
- Understands and knows how to manage content.
- Experience in eCommerce is super important. You need to know how to run Amazon and Shopify stores.
- A fast learner who can pick up on the stuff they don’t know.
- A good communicator, so that we can be more efficient.
- A hard worker and self-starter.
- Someone who wants a long term position.
I realize that nobody is going to have all the experience I am looking for, but what is important is the prospect’s willingness to learn. So if you know someone or you are a good fit for me, please let me know.
Just a reminder, I will be speaking at some events this year. Here is a list of those events.
- Ecommerce All Stars — Austin, TX, August 4-5.
- Global Sources — Hong Kong, October 17-19.
- EcommerceFuel Live — Laguna Beach, CA, January 11-13, 2018.
Also if you go to www.ecomcrew.com/summit2017, you can download my slides from my presentation at Sellers’ Summit 2017. You will also get a discount code for $50 off the price of a virtual pass to all the great content from the summit.
Included in this package will be a free round table session with Scott Voelker, Greg Mercer, Jeff Cohen, Steve Chou, and myself. That round table will be June 26th at 2 pm Pacific time. If that’s something that interests you, then check out the link to sign up.
This episode is sponsored by Stamped.io. We have recently switched to Stamped.io, so we can get the most out of our reviews, and they have a really great product. We are proud to partner with them and there is a link below to check them out.
Resources Mentioned Today:
Don’t forget about our Facebook Live episodes. Just like our Facebook page and you will be notified when we do an episode.
If you have any questions or anything you’d like us to discuss on the podcast please go to ecomcrew.com and fill out the contact form. Also, we would really appreciate if you would leave us a review on iTunes. Thanks for listening!