E118: Under the Hood with Cory Stout Part 1 – Trimming Down SAAS SubscriptionsFebruary 5, 2018 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
We’ve released 4 Under the Hood episodes so far and we’ve been getting a lot of good comments about the segment. It seems to resonate with a large listener base, and since we’ve been really happy about your feedback, we’re bumping things up and releasing more of these episodes.
For today’s episode, we have Cory Stout of Woodies.com on the spotlight. Cory is living a nomadic lifestyle while running Woodies, and since automation is a big part of his business, he has been racking up a long list of SAAS (Software as a Service) subscriptions. Today he and I talk about his subscriptions and evaluate whether or not they’re worth keeping.
Some conversation points:
- How Cory got into ecommerce
- Why he sold his first business to his AirBnb host
- The background of Woodies
- Why he chose to sell wooden items for his second business
- His mom’s role in his business and the “2017 Employee of the Year” award he gave her
- His SAAS subscriptions list (spoiler alert: it’s a long one)
- My evaluation of his SAAS subscriptions
In Part 2 of our conversation, Cory and I continue to evaluate and talk about his SAAS subscriptions. Stay tuned for Part 2 on Thursday!
As always, thanks for listening to this episode. Until the next one, happy selling!
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.