E124: Under the Hood with Rob Hampton Part 2 – Tips to Efficiently Scale Your BusinessMarch 1, 2018 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
On Monday’s episode, Rob and I discussed how to effectively manage Filipino VAs and foster a long-lasting working relationship with them. Now that we’ve got that covered, we move on to the second part of Rob’s problem: scaling his business.
This is a topic we are well-versed in for two reasons: we managed to double our revenue last year, and we are actively trying to replicate that growth this year. We’ve revamped our systems and put simpler processes in place to try and achieve that growth.
In this episode Rob and I talk about how he can do the same for his business. Some conversation points:
- Systems and processes he needs to put in place for himself and his team
- Product launch process put together by Jacqueline, our Director of eCommerce
- Why a “minimum viable product launch” is a bad idea
- Perfecting product photography
- Maximizing visuals for customers who don’t read
- More efficient returns process
- Supplier agreements and warranty claims
- Other things to pay attention to when scaling
We’d like to thank Rob for joining us in this episode, and I definitely had a blast talking to him. If you want to be featured on your own episode and get free business advice from us, sign up to be an Under the Hood guest here.
Thanks for listening to this episode. Until next week, happy selling!
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.