E211: Making a Case for Private Labelling in a Competitive NicheJanuary 3, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Happy New Year!
I’m here with Dave to bring you our very first episode in 2019. I wanted to start the year on a strong foot, so for this podcast, we’re doing something different.
Today’s podcast will focus on an email sent by one of our EcomCrew Premium members. His concern, I’m sure, reflects that of so many ecommerce entrepreneurs. In this world of unscrupulous Chinese sellers, does private labeling still make sense? Is there still a viable business for it in Amazon in 2019?
Is private labeling dead?
Dave and I both agree that private labeling is still very much alive. But we do go back and forth to expound on our answer. Here are some of the highlights of that discussion.
- There are many trends that impact private labeling today. For one, competition in this particular space has increased and gotten more intense.
- The Amazon marketplace is still rife with opportunity for new sellers.
- A sustainable launch strategy is critical for a private label brand.
- High-quality product imagery is another important factor because, in many cases, it can be what differentiates your product from all the competition out there.
- Complexity is the opportunity. The more effort you put into your product, it becomes more defensible.
- Creating and building content around your product will put you in an advantageous position over everyone else in your niche.
- E132: DROPSHIPPING VS. PRIVATE LABELING – A FRIENDLY DEBATE
- E129: HOW TO PICK THE PERFECT PRODUCT TO SELL IN ECOMMERCE
- HOW TO FIND THE PERFECT PRODUCT TO IMPORT FROM CHINA AND SELL ON AMAZON
Registration to EcomCrew Premium is closed indefinitely. But, you can still learn from us through our suite of free courses. You’ll find a total of 20 videos covering ecommerce topics like Importing from China and Building a 7-Figure Business.
Finally, if you enjoyed listening and think this episode has been useful to you, please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below. Happy selling!