E263: Building a Multi-million Dollar Company through Authenticity, not PerfectionJuly 4, 2019 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Today’s guest is another lady boss who did not initially set out to build a multi-million dollar business. All Daisy Jing wanted to do was to solve a problem that deeply affected her and to share her journey with other people who are going through the same struggle.
Her willingness to openly share her struggles and her desire to help other people attracted followers. In her own words, “Relatability and authenticity really put me on the map.” Years later, she’s running a multi-million dollar company, Banish, serving the very same people she always wanted to help.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Banish was founded almost by accident (6:58)
- How she gained massive following on Youtube and how to build trust with your audience (12:18)
- How to find the right kind of influencers and how to build successful relationships with them (14:26)
- The lack of women in ecommerce (2:22)
- How Daisy handles the impostor syndrome (24:10)
- Why successful business owners didn’t go to college (26:42)
This episode is part of our Women’s Month celebration. We’d love to see more women in the ecommerce industry, so if you are a female business owner, head over to www.ecomcrew.com/underthehood and tell us your story. We’d love to feature you on the podcast.
Thanks for listening! Until the next one, happy selling.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.