How time flies. We’re right past the middle of the year. Soon it’ll be the holidays, a busy time for any ecommerce seller.
People in ecommerce may have similar experiences, but don’t stumble into the industry in a lot of interesting ways.
Daniel Buelhoff’s story is pretty out there.
A short time after graduating from college, he and his partners were able to raise €12 million to fund Smeet, a social gaming company. When that venture went south, he pivoted to ecommerce with an expiring Nespresso patent. Now, he sells physical products online through Gourmesso and is expecting 8-figure revenues.
In this podcast you’ll learn:
- How Daniel got his start in business (4:17)
- How he and his partners raised €12 million in venture capital to start the gaming company Smeet (6:14)
- How the changes on Facebook had an adverse effect on Smeet (9:54)
- Transitioning to ecommerce with an expiring Nespresso patent (13:55)
- Achieving success with Gourmesso in such a crowded niche (22:23)
- Expanding to the other niches and acquiring more businesses (29:25)
- Some things that helped him grow his coffee business (34:53)
Listen as Daniel shares inspiring insights on finding a niche, maintaining it, and growing it to the n’th level.