Welcome to the 317th episode of the Ecomcrew Podcast! Almost a year ago today, we released our first-ever episode of the famous Ecomcrew Roadshow, a segment where we physically go over to ecommerce entrepreneurs’ place of business to come up with a plan to take their businesses to the next level.
Our first ever guest on the Roadshow was my dear friend and buddy, Lance Robinson from Wallcharmers, but because we were still in the middle of figuring things out, we didn’t get to release the episode. At the end of the Roadshow, I gave him a list of actionable advice that could really step up his business.
It’s been a year since I went up to meet him, and now Lance is back again! This time, he’s on today’s podcast to talk about the list of changes that I gave him, and how that’s impacted his profitability and revenue in his ecommerce business.
Here’s a list of topics that we talk about in today’s show:
- Mike and Lance’s background and how they know each other – 5:10
- Lance’s first break into the ecommerce game – 6:32
- Lance’s first few challenges after buying his first business – 8:35
- A general summary of the list of advice that Mike gave Lance on the first Roadshow – 10:01
- #1 Improving Amazon listings and the effect that has on conversion rate – 11:23
- How improving Amazon listings can affect future product launches – 12:43
- How well-done pictures on one listing can affect your conversion rates – 13:49
- #2 Restrategizing unprofitable products – 17:39
- #3 Leveraging relationships with manufacturers and getting better terms for improved cash flow – 17:59
- #4 The effects of having a warehouse and the business direction that comes with having one – 18:29
- Net Profit: Before and After – 23:14
- What Mike realized about discounts – 25:23
- #5 Creating blog content around your product niche – 28:48
- #6 List building and marketing – 31:00
- #7 Targeting wholesalers and interior designers – 34:25
- Lance’s personal experiences being an Ecomcrew Premium member – 36:07
The Definitive Guide to Faux Taxidermy, an article written by the team at Wallcharmers.
If you’re interested in being part of the Roadshow, you can sign up here!
Subscribe to EcomCrew Premium for one-on-one support with your business, access to a private Facebook group, two webinars every month where you get to ask us questions and learn from experts, and also discussing strategies on how to improve your ecommerce business.
Finally, if you enjoyed listening and think this episode has been useful to you, please take a moment to leave us a review on iTunes.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below.