E328: The Unfair Advantage You Create when Investing in Blog Content for Your Ecommerce BusinessAugust 17, 2020 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
You’re in for a treat because I finally have Dave back on the podcast with me!
Today, we talk about how your business can benefit greatly from external organic traffic that comes from having great blog content.
The ecommerce game has significantly changed over the years. That’s why in today’s episode, we share with you an effective white hat technique to keep your products and sites ranking high on any platform, resulting in higher revenues for your business.
In this episode, we talk about:
- How blogging is essential for ecommerce sites – 7:09
- Why blog content is important – 11:52
- How content generates free traffic – 12:45
- Capturing top-of-funnel traffic through blogging – 13:26
- Developing focus through content – 15:12
- Diversifying revenue streams – 17:13
- The dangers of pure affiliate marketing – 20:33
- Amazon’s move in reducing referral fees – 22:50
- Creating your own luck in ecommerce the white hat way – 30:00
- Blog statistics of some of our sites – 34:00
- Investing in great content for long-term gain – 38:30
Any opinions about our podcast?
Get a chance to win our course bundle by answering a short survey to help us improve. It won’t take long— I promise!
One lucky listener will get to keep all our Ecomcrew Premium courses for free! Learn how to grow your ecommerce business with six full-length courses that are accessible only to Premium members just by telling us what you think of our podcast.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave us a review over on iTunes. We look forward to reading your comments about the show.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.