E341: The Pros and Cons of Selling Seasonal Products OnlineOctober in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
With the holidays just around the corner, Dave and I thought it would be the perfect time to talk about seasonal products, their pros and cons, and the best ways to optimize them for maximum profit.
But we aren’t just talking about Christmas lights and “4th of July” merch. We acknowledge that there’s a seasonality factor to every product, and we discuss this using our own brands as examples.
- The top Amazon keywords right now – 3:57
- Different types of seasonal products – 5:48
- The seasonality of Dave’s products – 6:69
- The cons of normalizing your products’ seasonality – 10:38
- Balancing the pros and cons of over-ordering products during peak selling seasons – 13:30
- The gamble of selling in-season products all year long – 19:14
- The seasonality of off-roading gear – 23:15
- Some stats for Wild Baby – 26:18
- Do we recommend selling seasonal products for new sellers? – 30:30
- The best time to launch a seasonal product – 32:35
Speaking of products, if you want yours to stand out, we have some tricks up our sleeves that have helped our listings rank higher and our revenue grow. The great thing about it is that you don’t need to make any overwhelming changes.
If you want to know more, join us on November 12 at 10 AM (PST). This is a free public webinar, and we’re more than happy to answer your questions.
If you like this episode, please leave us a review over at iTunes.
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.