E342: Mike and Dave’s Biggest Business Mistakes
Welcome to Episode 342 of the EcomCrew podcast! Dave and I sit down to reminisce about our biggest business mistakes and what we did to remedy them.
This episode is not exactly fun for us, but we did learn our lessons from the mistakes that we made, and we hope you will too.
- Why we’re doing this podcast – 3:40
- Mistake #1: My hiring dilemma – 4:09
- Mistake #2: Dave hires too quickly – 7:55
- Mistake #3: Translating my site into multiple languages – 9:12
- Mistake #4: My attempt at creating a Grammarly-like website – 14:30
- Mistake #5: Dave’s auxiliary sites -15:40
- Mistake #6: Dave losing money through Vendor Central – 24:04
- Mistake #7: Marrying a business idea that you shouldn’t be involved in – 27:10
- Mistake #8: My biggest and most painful business mistake – 35:40
This episode may have reminded us of our biggest blunders in ecommerce, but it also showed us how much we’ve improved through the years.
How about you? Do you have any business mistakes you’d like to share? We’d love to hear from you. Head on over to ecomcrew.com/mistakes, share your story, and get a chance to win an annual subscription to EcomCrew Premium! This subscription is valued at $1,500, so you don’t miss your chance! If you’re already a Premium member, we’ll extend your subscription for another year for free.
You can even indicate in the form that you would want to be anonymous. EcomCrew podcast listeners can still learn from your mistakes without us disclosing your identity.
If you want to learn how to make small improvements to your products to increase your revenue, join us on November 12 at 10 AM (PST) for a free public webinar on product differentiation.
Gone are the days when it’s enough to pick something from Alibaba and sell it on Amazon. If you want to stand out from the rest of your competitors, you need to do something they aren’t and for your product to have something theirs don’t.
And for those of you who are still on the fence about subscribing to EcomCrew Premium, we’ll make that choice easier for you. You can sign up for the waitlist now and enrol in Premium for a very special price.
This is the last time this year that we are opening enrolment, so you better reserve your spot. We have great Black Friday deals for you that we haven’t offered before.
If you enjoyed this episode, head on over to iTunes and leave us a review. We’d appreciate it very much.
Until the next one,