E362: Running an Ecommerce Business as a Side HustleFebruary 4, 2021 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
As e-commerce sellers, we want nothing more than to grow our business and maximize our profits, but sometimes, the opposite is true.
David Wilson, who was a previous guest in our Under the Hood segment, is trying to downshift his business and transition it into a stable side hustle to support his personal hobbies.
In this episode, I give David some valuable advice on how to keep his business chugging along as a lifestyle business. We talk about why it’s still important to seek new opportunities and to streamline your ecommerce business, even though you’re running it on the side.
- Recap of my previous coaching sessions with David – 1:13
- How his sales have done while he’s working a regular job – 5:40
- The challenges of selling in Europe and Canada (from the US) – 8:15
- How Sellics has helped David’s PPC management – 11:06
- How David has downshifted his business – 15:20
- Where David stands between his e-commerce brand and his full-time job – 19:10
- My advice for running a lifestyle business – 22:28
- How to streamline your business while scaling it down – 24:14
- A quick chat about Bitcoin – 35:15
I’d like to thank David for coming back to the podcast and I’m excited to learn how his lifestyle business does in a couple of years.
If you want to schedule a 1-on-1 coaching session and be featured in a podcast episode, head over to our Under the Hood sign-up page.
Looking to step up your e-commerce game? Look no further than Dave’s book, Import From China Like a Pro. It is packed with everything you need to know about sourcing e-commerce products from China—and it’s yours for free (just pay for shipping, the book is on us).
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes, it helps more than you know!
Until the next one, happy selling!
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.