E362: Running an Ecommerce Business as a Side Hustle
As e-commerce sellers, we want nothing more than to grow our business and maximize our profits, but sometimes, the opposite is true.
David Wilson, who was a previous guest in our Under the Hood segment, is trying to downshift his business and transition it into a stable side hustle to support his personal hobbies.
In this episode, I give David some valuable advice on how to keep his business chugging along as a lifestyle business. We talk about why it’s still important to seek new opportunities and to streamline your ecommerce business, even though you’re running it on the side.
- Recap of my previous coaching sessions with David – 1:13
- How his sales have done while he’s working a regular job – 5:40
- The challenges of selling in Europe and Canada (from the US) – 8:15
- How Sellics has helped David’s PPC management – 11:06
- How David has downshifted his business – 15:20
- Where David stands between his e-commerce brand and his full-time job – 19:10
- My advice for running a lifestyle business – 22:28
- How to streamline your business while scaling it down – 24:14
- A quick chat about Bitcoin – 35:15
I’d like to thank David for coming back to the podcast and I’m excited to learn how his lifestyle business does in a couple of years.
If you want to schedule a 1-on-1 coaching session and be featured in a podcast episode, head over to our Under the Hood sign-up page.
Looking to step up your e-commerce game? Look no further than Dave’s book, Import From China Like a Pro. It is packed with everything you need to know about sourcing e-commerce products from China—and it’s yours for free (just pay for shipping, the book is on us).
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes, it helps more than you know!
Until the next one, happy selling!