Finding products that actually sell can be difficult. But it doesn’t have to be.
This is why Dave and I have decided to share with you the exact secrets that make our lives so much easier when it comes to finding, developing, and defending products in e-commerce.
In this episode, we discuss some effective tactics you can use to protect your products from getting ripped off, or at least make it insanely difficult for copycats—especially when securing a patent is off the table.
These include raising the barrier to entry for someone who’s hell-bent on copying your products, making high-quality photographs, and producing great content that adds value to your niche.
Dave also shares his intriguing cockroach method to finding profitable products. Did you know certain item types could net you much higher profits than “perfect” products?
If you’re struggling to find new products or develop existing ones, there’s definitely a lot in here for you.
- How product development has evolved over the years – 1:36
- What patents do and do not do for your product – 4:09
- Limiting the competition by developing products with high barriers to entry – 14:07
- What is the cockroach method? – 19:17
- Applying the method to my new business – 22:56
- Why you should do FBA for oversized products – 24:47
- Additional tips for shipping large and expensive items – 28:37
- The benefits of developing multiple products at once – 33:32
It’s always a blast having Dave come out to do the podcast, and there’s definitely a lot more to unpack on this subject.
If you haven’t already, sign up to EcomCrew Premium now.
Premium gives you access to perks like advanced video courses in glorious HD, including a full-blown module on product development and the cockroach method, unlimited access and coaching from us, and membership to an exclusive community of high-figure ecommerce sellers.
Premium is going to be available for a limited time only, so sign up now!
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes so we can help more e-commerce sellers start and grow their businesses.
Until next time, happy selling!