E377: How to Successfully Launch Your First Product and Putting Your Content Site to Good UseApril in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Launching your very first product and managing inventory can be tough. Fortunately, many of our community members have had great success using the tips and tricks that we share here at EcomCrew.
In this Under the Hood episode, I’ll be breaking down some of those exact strategies.
For those who are new to the podcast, Under the Hood is a segment where I do an hour-long coaching session with one of our listeners, where I answer all their burning questions and give them some actionable advice.
My guests for today are David and Connor, a father-and-son duo who started out by buying content sites and, at the time of recording, were on their way to launching their very first product on Amazon.
Some of the good stuff we talk about include my personal steps to successfully launching products on Amazon, how to manage your inventory, and how to put niche-specific content sites to good use in order to drive conversions.
I also give my advice on how you can optimize your Amazon listings to make your products stand out, especially if you’re selling in a highly competitive niche.
- A background on Connor and David’s business – 4:10
- The best practices to launching new products on Amazon – 6:33
- What strategies to implement when offering different product sizes – 13:37
- How low can you let your inventory go before shipping more units in? – 16:11
- When and how to adjust your strategies according to Amazon’s storage promos – 18:39
- Securing conversions using your content site and putting non-converting pages to good use – 21:54
- Which lead magnet software you should be using – 28:59
- How strict should you come down on your suppliers for delays? – 33:18
- Crafting an effective title for your listings – 38:07
- Must-have elements that make your main image stand out – 43:51
- My general tips for PPC – 51:36
- The effect of Cookies being removed by Google on the Affiliate Industry – 54:04
I wanna thank David and Connor for taking the time to do this episode with me. It’s an awesome feeling hearing how my own strategies are helping others succeed.
If you want to get featured in an Under the Hood episode like this one, you can sign up over on ecomcrew.com/underthehood.
Also, in case you missed it, we’re giving away 3 autographed copies of Gino Wickman’s new book, Entrepreneurial Leap, which answers all the questions you’re ever going to ask yourself before taking the leap into entrepreneurship.
For a chance to win 1 of these 3 copies, simply leave us a review on iTunes and email us a screenshot of your review with the Subject Line: Entrepreneurial Leap. If you’ve already given us a review in the past, you can take a screenshot of it and send that over.
Entries will be accepted until April 30, and the winners will be announced shortly thereafter here on the podcast. Good luck!
Until the next one, happy selling!
Michael started his first business when he was 18 and is a serial entrepreneur. He got his start in the online world way back in 2004 as an affiliate marketer. From there he grew as an SEO expert and has transitioned into ecommerce, running several sites that bring in a total of 7-figures of revenue each year.