E406: How Aggregators Acquire Ecommerce Brands with Jake Wolpert of Acquco
Ecommerce aggregators have been all the rage this past year. We decided to kick off a podcast series with some of the biggest names in the aggregator space to help sellers understand the acquisition process and get that graceful exit.
Today’s guest is Jake Wolpert. He’s the Head of Sales at Acquco, a relatively young ecommerce aggregator that’s made a name for itself rather quickly.
We’ll talk about what Acquco and other aggregators look for when acquiring ecommerce businesses, what kinds of deals you can expect when selling, and the most important things you need to know to exit your business without leaving money on the table.
- Why the aggregator space has accelerated this quickly – 1:29
- Acquco’s biggest selling points – 2:55
- How Jake got into the aggregator space – 12:44
- What Acquco looks for in a business – 15:16
- How Acquco evaluates businesses with the pandemic factor – 20:11
- Basic terms that sellers can expect when working with Acquco – 23:27
- Things you should know when gearing up to exit – 29:50
I hope you enjoyed this episode as much as I did, and we’ll definitely have more informative episodes about ecommerce aggregators down the road. If you want to learn more about Acquco, you can get in touch with Jake through 908-208-9674 or email@example.com.
By the way, in case you missed it, we’ve recently launched the EcomCrew Podcast YouTube channel, where we put up some of the most interesting tidbits from our podcasts episodes. Be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss a beat.
As always, happy selling and we’ll talk to you soon!