Today, I’m excited to be doing another Under The Hood episode, which, for new listeners, is an hour-long coaching call with a fellow ecommerce business owner that we turn into a full-fledged podcast episode to help other sellers that might have the same questions and pain points.
My guest is John Terry, who is one half of an interesting mom-and-son business, Ketonia. Their company is a thriving online keto bakery that sells products like a delicious Keto Coconut Macaroons mix.
In this episode, John picks my brain on how to scale his business further, including managing traffic between an Amazon store and a brand site, the value of outsourcing tasks to a VA, and even strategies as the ecommerce space becomes more inflationary.
- How John got into ecommerce – 1:13
- Why you want to have traffic coming into your own website – 14:44
- Which things to optimize if you’re a smaller online business – 22:59
- Which tasks entrepreneurs can outsource to virtual assistants – 26:45
- How to measure the success of your influencer outreach – 31:10
- Mike’s main strategies in this current inflationary environment – 42:35
- The potential of selling your brand to a rollup down the road – 45:28
I had a great time talking to John, and I hope he and his mom can come back for a sequel episode so we can learn how far their business has come along in a year or so.
Before we go, don’t forget that if you’re an Amazon FBA seller based in Canada, you can get a chance to win a 1-year EcomCrew Premium membership absolutely free by just completing a quick 2-minute survey. Just head over to ecomcrew.com/poll2021. Good luck!
If you enjoyed this episode, please head over to iTunes and leave us a review. Until the next one, happy selling!