You really can’t predict what Amazon will do next these days. One minute I make a prediction that they won’t ban rebates because it makes them money, the next minute they’re bringing the hammer down on RebateKey.
In this episode, Dave and I will break down Amazon’s latest policy drop regarding off-Amazon rebates and coupons, what the next white-hat and black-hat tactics are likely going to be, and how you can still succeed on Amazon moving forward.
- Why the FTC might consider rebates as review manipulation – 5:22
- What the Amazon policy update means for sellers – 7:09
- The future of RebateKey and rebates in general – 12:19
- How much data Amazon has on its users and which data it tracks – 19:50
- Will Amazon start banning sellers for using rebates? – 25:29
EcomCrew blog articles mentioned:
- Amazon Official Kills Rebates: What Does It Mean?
- Amazon Has 1.28GB of Personal Info on Me – Here’s What’s In It
If you’re interested in building reliable outside assets like content sites, email lists, and influencer partnerships, our book, Amazon Domination, is the best place to start. If you get your copy now, the book is on us for free (just pay for shipping).
Fun episode with Dave as usual, and there’s a lot more where that came from. For a limited time only this Black Friday and Cyber Monday, we’re treating our podcast listeners to EcomCrew Premium at half-off. That’s 50% off all EcomCrew Premium plans available only between November 26th-29th.
The waitlist is currently live and the limited slots will be on a first come, first served basis. Head over to ecomcrew.com/blackfriday to secure your spot!
If you enjoyed this episode, don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!