If you’re well versed in the wider ecommerce landscape, you’d know that the FBA aggregator or acquisition industry have become a lucrative business in recent years.
RJ is the founder of 101 Commerce, which is considered the first FBA aggregator with institutional backing. Before names like Thrasio went big, there was 101 Commerce.
RJ's been on the podcast before, when 101 Commerce was just getting started, and so I thought RJ would be a great resource person to talk about the ins and outs of being an FBA aggregator, how the business works and the current environment of the industry.
If you want to listen to our first episode together, you can find it here.
Learn about the FBA Aggregator Space in these highlights:
- Intro – 0:00
- The genesis of 101 Commerce – 5:16
- What kind of businesses do aggregators look for? – 12:17
- Challenges of being an aggregator – 14:20
- RJ’s retiring and unretiring – 16:00
- Getting back into ecommerce – 15:27
- The aggregator business model and its challenges – 19:41
- The learning curve – 23:28
- The future of the aggregator space – 26:05
- What’s next for RJ? – 31:19
- Connect with RJ – 33:16
Thank you so much for your time, RJ. It was nice to catch up and chat a bit about the inner workings of the aggregating business.
As always, don’t forget to leave us a review over on iTunes if you enjoy our content. Happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!