E116: Under the Hood with Megan Loftin Part 2 – Don’t Focus on Facebook Ads YETJanuary 29, 2018 in Ecom-Crew-Podcast
Last week, Megan and I talked about cash flow and early-stage financing for her ecommerce business. We continue to talk a little bit more about financing in this episode, specifically Amazon loans, then move on to the next big issue: Facebook ads.
Any ecommerce entrepreneur knows how important Facebook ads are in any ecommerce business. However for a business like Megan’s which is still at its early stages–and an Amazon-only business at that–focusing on Facebook ads might not be the best idea. Doing Facebook ads at this point might push her to get her own Shopify/BigCommerce store so that she can fully utilize the power of Facebook ads, and that could mean a lot of work, taking her focus off the more important things like Amazon listing optimization and PPC. It boils down to prioritization and not biting off more than what one can chew.
To break things down, here are our conversation points:
- Bank financing
- More on Amazon loan specifics
- How to be laser-focused on what needs to be prioritized for a young ecommerce business
- Why Facebook ads are not recommended for an Amazon-only business
- Focusing on listing optimization, PPC, and brand registry first
- Utilizing the power of YouTubers to promote products
If you’re interested in becoming an Under The Hood guest yourself, just sign up here. Thanks for listening and happy selling!