The first Under The Hood episode of the year is finally here! Today I'm joined by Gary Guenst, one-half of the founders of ToothShower, a water flosser powered by your own shower.
If the brand sounds familiar, you might’ve heard it from one of my previous Under The Hood episodes where I chatted with Gary’s wife Lisa.
Here are some of the questions me and Gary went back and forth with from this episode:
- Does the MFN inventory automatically back up FBA inventory if current FBAs run out? – 5:14
- Is there a general rule of thumb for running coupons? – 9:25
- What's a realistic ROS on Amazon? – 14:10:
- Are there more businesses leaving Amazon? – 19:48
- What kind of businesses should list their products on Walmart? – 21:41
- What are the best platforms to find keywords? – 24:18
- What companies benefit most from using Helium 10 and Jungle Scout? – 26:26
- What is the best way to leverage selling eBooks on Amazon? – 29:29
- Which generates higher conversions? Driving customers through listings or to a brand store? – 32:27
- How frequently should businesses update backend keywords, brand content story, listings, and a+ content? – 34:37
- How do you set a budget for the performance of Amazon ads? – 36:27
- Why should a business care about B2B customers in transaction downloads when Amazon sends updates on the number of B2B customers? – 39:39
- Is 14 days enough time to generate reasonable data on Amazon ads? – 42:03
- How often should a business post on Amazon? – 42:15
- Are there any updates on Amazon's liquidation program? – 43:46
- Do you have any tips for businesses in the process of launching a downsized product? – 45:27
Gary and I also went over how ToothShower has done since last appearing on the show and their plans to scale their business in the future by using ads and automated tools, on top of their main goal of downsizing some of their products
As mentioned in the episode, here’s a link to one of the best tools to find keywords on Amazon.
If you want a free hour of coaching to help you navigate all the hiccups you’ve been experiencing in ecommerce, we’d love to have you on our next Under The Hood Episode.
If you liked this week’s episode, we would appreciate it if you leave us a review on iTunes. As always, happy selling and we’ll see you in the next one!